Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bumped

Bumped (Bumped, #1)Bumped by Megan McCafferty

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Okay, kind of a weird one. Bumped is set in 2035 and follows twin sisters Melody and Harmony. Melody and Harmony were separated at birth and brought up in two very different societies. Harmony was raised in Goodside, where religion is huge and preparing to be good wife's and mothers is the number one priority. Melody was raised in Otherside where a "virus" makes everyone over 18 infertile. I am not really sure what this virus is, why 18 is the magic number, etc. Anyways, in order to keep their population growing they pay teenagers to "bump", the girls carry the "pregg" and then give it up. Melody has scored a huge contract with a couple and is just waiting for them to find the perfect match. While Melody is waiting, Harmony shows up at her door and the two find that they actually have a lot in common.



I am just not sure about this book. It was okay, but it didn't really do a good job explaining things. And it took a long time to get the story going. I guess this is a series but I am not sure I will be following it.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment