Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Am The Messenger

I Am the MessengerI Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So I heard this is supposed to be a young adult book. I don't really think it is though. There really isn't any sex or anything, but it definitely has some language. With this said, the language didn't really bother me. I really enjoyed this book! I found myself not wanting to put it down and really excited to pick it back up again.



Meet Ed Kennedy, a underaged taxi driver that lives a somewhat mundane, blah, depressing life. He has 3 best friends, one of them he is totally in love with but she is not exactly ready for that. He doesn't have a great relationship with his siblings, his father recently died and his mother treats him like crap. The book begins with him and his friends in a bank during a robbery. Somehow Ed gets in a confrontation with the robber and aids in the capture and sentencing of the guy. Little does Ed know that this is the beginning to a strange, exciting, frightening adventure and a possibility to change his life.



Ed starts getting playing cards in the mail, each with something he needs to do. A message he needs to deliver. He had no idea who is sending him these or how to deliver some of the messages. As he is figuring all this out, he is also finding himself. Following Ed on this adventure is exciting, scary, uplifting and depressing all at once.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment