Friday, May 11, 2012

I Will Cary You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


Wow! What a incredibly sad book. Literally every time I picked this book I would soon be in tears. But I absolutely loved the faith, hope, love and relationships in this book. I can not imagine going through something like Angie did and I truly admire her strength, courage and faith during such a heartbreaking time.

In this true story, Angie and Todd discover when they are 18 weeks pregnant with their 4th child that the child is not compatible with life. This tragic news throws them through an emotional whirlwind but their strong faith carries them through. They continually look at God and know that He has a plan. Although this plan is not what they want, they have faith in Him. I found it very refreshing to see that even though Angie had a strong faith, she definitely had times with doubt and hatred. How could this be happening to her? I am definitely inspired by this story and even though it is extremely depressing, it is also uplifting.


No comments:

Post a Comment