Thursday, April 26, 2012

Heaven is for Real


 Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent

Wow! What a great, uplifting, remarkable story! But let's backtrack a little. I was a little hesitant to read this book. I don't read a ton of non-fiction, and I haven't had much experience in this genre. I am Christian but I have a hard time with "preachy" books, etc. So it took a couple of people recommending this book before I decided to give it a try. And I am so glad I did. I didn't love the writing and actually found myself skimming some parts but overall the message is amazing.

This story is about Colton Burpo who at three had a appendix rupture. While in surgery he visited Jesus and had a remarkable experience. The story is told by Colton's dad, who also happens to be a preacher. I didn't love how he told the story, and got somewhat bored when he would talk about his own health scares and such. I just wanted to hear about Cotlon's experience! Colton's parents gradually asked Colton about his brief stay in Heaven over 5 years, which I found a little odd. Why didn't they just keep the conversation going once Colton brought it up 4 months after the surgery? Anyways, I loved hearing about what Colton saw and how he explained it in his own words. I don't know how a 3 year old boy would know about this stuff without experiencing it for himself. I am so glad I read this! I can't wait to talk to my husband about the book!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment