Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Okay...

I just got done with my first ebook on my Nook.
It was actually pretty cool!
Like I said in my previous post,
I LOVE holding books and was a little skeptical about my Nook,
but.....
now I am a believer.
It was easy to tote around,
easy to use,
and just kind of fun!

Unfortunately,
I wasn't totally please with the book I read.
I definitely thought it had a ton of potential.
I just felt like it didn't really go anywhere.
I guess I was looking for more of a love story which left me disappointed.
The Beautiful Between is Connely's high school story.
She looks at high school as a fairy tale:
A prince
at least one princess
balls,
etc.
Connely was raised by her mom, and never really asked questions about her dad.
She knew he died when she was little, and she left it at that.
Then the high school prince, Jeremy, starts talking to her.
While their friendship grows,
her curiosity grows also.
She starts digging into her past to better understand what truly happened to her father.
Jeremy also has a tragic story that is playing out in the present
so their friendship is based on support and understanding.

This definitely isn't a book I would read again,
and it isn't really one I would recommend.
Let me know if you have read this and thought differently.

Any suggestions????
Let me know...

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment