Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vampire Academy

If you like books about vampires and such
then you definitely need to read the Vampire Academy Series.
I just finished the 6th and last book in the series, Last Sacrifice.
They seriously are AMAZING!
I devoured each book and was always left wanting more.
Even this last book I was bummed it was over,
but pleased with how it wrapped everything up.
Richelle Mead does a great job captivating the reader
and keeping them hooked long after they are done reading.
The books are about Rose and Lissa,
two best friends who are attending the Vampire Academy together.
It follows them through adventure, drama, politics, love, heartbreak and death.
There are four types of characters in these books:
Moroi - the good (and royal) vampires who are living
Dhampirs - guardians of the Moroi
Stripoi - the bad vampires who are evil and undead
and Humans.
Rose is a dhampir with the goal of protecting Lissa who is a Moroi princess.
It may sound complicated, but it really isn't.
I definitely suggest you give these books a try.
I would even say these are better than the Twilight books.....

Any suggestions????

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out. I would suggest looking at the book club list at www.realsimple.com. i have been wanting to got through it and read the books that look interesting but I still love my thrillers so I haven't gotten around to many of them but they seem good. Teisa how do you like the plum series? I am not sure if I should start another long series. I love the JD Robb series by Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya Minda, definitely check these out! And the Plum series are really good too. I just got the 4th book in that series from the library so I will posting about those soon!

    ReplyDelete