Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stephanie Plum Series

About a year ago I stumbled across the Stephanie Plum Series
I actually heard about it on the View.
I guess the first book is being made into a movie
and Sherri Shepherd is going to be one of the characters
so she was talking about it.
(she will play Lulu - an ex hooker- for those of you who are curious).
Oh, and the movie comes out in January.
Anyways.....

back to the books.....

I actually kind of like this series.
It is kind of a fun, light hearted, easy to read murder mystery.
Stephanie Plum is a new, and not very good, bounty hunter.
In every book (at least so far)
she finds herself in dangerous and awkward situations.
The book is set in Jersey,
so the language and way of life is very different and often humorous.
There is of course somewhat of a love story too
which I actually really like.
As for the forth book in this series.

I have to admit it wasn't my favorite.
I liked that finally Stephanie seemed to be making progress with her "crush"
and the murder mystery story was pretty good.
But,
I did not care for how much language this book had.
I don't really remember there being that much swearing in the previous books,
but this one it was a little out of hand.
Most of the language came from one character
- a transvestite musician named Sally-
whose debut was in this book and I am pretty sure he will not be in the others???
So other than the constant, annoying, and mostly unnecessary, swearing,
the book was pretty good.
Not my favorite of the series so far
but I am definitely going to keep reading more of this 17 book series.
One more word of advice though,
the story lines are very similar so I stretch out the time between each book.
I think otherwise you will get sick of the books really fast.

Happy Reading!!!

1 comment: