Friday, April 8, 2011

I Back! Hopefully....

Wow!
It has been too long since I have posted anything.
Actually, it has been too long since I have read anything.
I haven't been feeling awesome lately
and unfortunately,
reading would make it worse.
It was awful!
But I think I am getting back on track.
I finally read a book,
it only took me two months.
Although,
the fact that this book wasn't the best could be also be a factor in why it took me so long.
The book is called
The Memory Keepers Daughter
by Kim Edwards
I found this book to be okay,
but a little depressing.
It starts in the 1960's with a doctor and his wife about to have their first baby.
Little do they know that they are actually having twins.
Unfortunately they are in the middle of a blizzard
and so it is a little difficult to get to the hospital.
The husband delivers the first baby,
a boy,
and then discovers that they are not quite done.
Their little girl is born shortly after
but
it doesn't take long for the doctor to see that she has downs syndrome.
His wife is totally out of it,
so in a panic he hands the little girl to his nurse and tells her to take her to a institution.
He tells his wife the baby died,
and there is the beginning of the story.
It was somewhat interesting,
but like I said before,
depressing and a little slow.

Well, I am glad to be back!

Any suggestions?

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am so glad you are able to be reading again. I don't have much in the way of books except if you want an adult version of something vampire/were mix I would suggest Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series. I just started reading it and I think it is a great just easy entertainment type book.

    ReplyDelete