Friday, May 6, 2011

Books about Love

This week I read two books that are about love.
Even though they were about love, they were SO different from each other.
One about love and the triumphs and failures that come with it.
The other banning love and calling it a disease that needs a mandatory cure.

The first book is The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan.


The title pretty much tells you what it is about.
The author takes you through a relationship by filling you in on small, intimate stories
in the form of a dictionary.
It is a very cute, interesting, moving and unique way of writing about love.
The book is also a very quick read and would make a great coffee table book!

The next book I read was Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

This book was fantastic!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
It reminded me a little of The Giver and Hunger Games (not the violence, but how the government tries to control everything).
Anyways, Lauren Oliver takes you into a world where Love is thought of as a horrendous disease.
A disease that can kill whether you have it or not.
Once you turn 18 you have to be cured. After that you are matched with a partner and pretty much go on with your life with no feeling, no emotion.
The story follows a young girl who is scheduled to be "cured"in 95 days.
It follows her journey of believing wholeheartedly in the system set up by the government
to uncovering truth after truth that could shake everything she ever knew.
This is a series, but I am not sure when the next book comes out.
I sure can't wait to read them though!
I have also read Before I Fall by the same author and really enjoyed that as well.
You can see what I thought about it here.

Any suggestions???

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment