Friday, June 24, 2011

Matched


I have to say, even though this was entertaining and a pretty quick read,
I didn't love it.
Maybe I am reading too many young adult books or something
but I just found this book to be very similar to other books I have read.
I did enjoy the characters and really felt for the main character, Cassia.
This book is set in a society where the government (or "officials") control everything.
What you eat, where you work,
when you have kids and how many,
when you die, and of course, who you marry.
It all starts when Cassia turns 17 and is off to her matching ceremony
where she will find out who the society has decided is the perfect match for her.
She is thrilled to find out it is her best friend, Xander,
but then something strange happens.
When she pops in the micro-card that has all the information about her "match"
and what rules are now in place,
the face of a different boy,
Ky,
who is also her friend, pops up.
The officials try to reassure her that it was all a mistake and that Xander is in fact her match.
But the society rarely makes mistakes.
Now Cassia is starting to doubt the society
and everything she has known,
and is beginning to fall in love with Ky.
Cassia has to decide if she wants to continue following the rules
with no question and stay with Xander.
Or break all rules and expectations,
go against everything she has been taught and told to do
so she can be with Ky.
It is a pretty good book, and definitely a easy and quick read.
I have just read other books like Delirium, Hunger Games, etc., that I like better.
This is a series but I am not sure if it will be one I keep up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment