Thursday, February 9, 2012

Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Okay, I think I am obsessed with Cassandra Clare's books. I just really enjoy the world that she has dreamed up. The Clockwork Angel is the first book in The Infernal Devices series (a series of three books), which are actually the prequel to The Mortal Instruments series. I obviously like both series, but I think I might like the Infernal Devices a little better. Even though the main characters area again 17 and 18 year olds, I feel like they are older than that, more mature I guess. Maybe because it is set in London in 1878. Whatever the reason, I just feel like I can relate to them a little more.



Anyways, in the Clockwork Angel we meet Tessa who has just traveled to London from New York in search of her brother. As soon as she gets off the ship she is taken by the Dark Sisters. She is then held captive and tortured for 6 weeks until she is unintentionally rescued by Will, a shadowhunter. Now Tessa is in the middle of this strange shadow world as she is trying to uncover where her brother is, why vampires, warlocks and the likes all want to capture her, and most important - whether or not she is actually human. And of course during all of this she is drawn for some reason to Will, who is mysterious and mean and yet somehow sweet.




Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment