Monday, February 20, 2012

Funny in Farsi and others

Funny In Farsi: A Memoir Of Growing Up Iranian In AmericaFunny In Farsi: A Memoir Of Growing Up Iranian In America by Firoozeh Dumas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a fun little read. Firoozeh did a great job pulling us into how it was to grow up Iranian in America. I absolutely loved hearing about her dad and definitely laughed out loud a couple of times. I do have to say that this was not a book that I was able to breeze through in a day or so. Although it is not very long I just felt myself get distracted after reading a few chapters and would have to put it down for a little while. It was a great book especially to give me a break from all the young adult reading I have been doing.


I also just finished:

So Much Closer by Susan Colasanti. I did not care for this young adult book and rated it 2 out of 5.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. This is the second book in the Infernal Devices Series. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments and have raved about them enough in previous posts so I don't think I need to say much about this one. I rated this book 4 out of 5. I enjoyed the first book in this series a little more than this one but still feel like I like these a tiny bit more than the Mortal Instruments series.

Happy Reading

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment