Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vanishing Acts


Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

My Rating - 3 out of 5 stars

Interesting book. I always enjoy Jodi Picoult's books but this definitely wasn't my favorite of hers. For some reason I didn't really like Delia, the main female character. I don't really have a good reason, I just didn't care for her. I much preferred the chapters that were in Eric's perspective. However I did enjoy reading this and was curious in how it all was going to end. I felt like the book was a little too wordy and long at times, and I didn't care for the ending. I wanted a little more closure I guess...

Anyways, Jodi Picoult writes this book in five different perspectives. Delia, her fiance Eric, her best friend, her father and her mother. Delia was raised in New Hampshire by her father. Her whole life she has thought her mother died in a car accident when she was four. Now 28 years later the police show up and arrest her father for kidnapping. She is enraged thinking they got the wrong guy until he tells her that they are charging him for kidnapping her. Now her life is upended and she is struggling to remember important details from her childhood.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment