Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home Front

 Home Front by Kristin Hannah

My Rating - 4 out of 5 stars

I haven't read a Kirstin Hannah book in awhile and I forgot how good they are. They are full of emotion and this book is no different. Love, loss, grief, friendship, they are all packed into this book. It has a great message and rings true to a lot of peoples lives.

Jolene is not only a mom to two daughters, she is also a Black Hawk pilot in the marines. Her marriage is falling apart and then suddenly she finds out she is being deployed to Iraq. She has to leave her girls behind, she has no idea where her marriage stands, and she is extremely scared but has no one to talk to about it. She puts on a strong front for her family while she is gone but that can't last long. This story is about friendship, about losing and then finding yourself, and about grief. A very powerful story!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! Is there anyway I can contact you about possible review titles. Please email me kenya(dot)walker@us(dot)penguingroup(dot)com

    ReplyDelete