Monday, September 3, 2012

Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie

 Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

My Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars

What a good book! I really enjoyed this. I loved how it was in Stephens point of view. I feel like too many books about seriously ill children are in the point of view of the parents or the sick child. I found it refreshing to be from the thirteen year old big brother who obviously gets annoyed by his little brother. Plus I just really liked Stephen.

Stephen is a thirteen year old boy who has a somewhat normal life for a young teenager. He is an amazing and talented drummer, he has a crush on a girl who doesn't even know he exists, and he has a annoying younger brother who gets most of his parents attention. But one day he finds out his younger brother has Leukemia. Not Stephen doesn't know how to deal with all this and his parents are being much help.

No comments:

Post a Comment