Monday, July 18, 2011

The Reader

The ReaderThe Reader by Bernhard Schlink

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have to say this was a interesting story. I really liked how the story was told and the confusion of emotions the characters experienced.

The book is set in post WW2 Germany. 15 year old Micheal is on his way home when he falls extremely ill. Hanna, a woman twice his age, comes to his rescue. Once Micheal is well he goes back to Hanna's home to thank her. What follows is a passionate, odd and sexual relationship between the two. Then Hanna disappears. Fast forward to Micheal in law school following a case. He then sees Hanna who is on trial for a hideous crime. Hanna does not defend herself and Micheal is not sure what to do or think.

I just saw that this book was made into a movie in 2008, so I will have to check that out too.

Happy Reading



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment