Thursday, July 28, 2011

Against Medical Advice

Against Medical Advice: A True StoryAgainst Medical Advice: A True Story by James Patterson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Okay so I guess I am on a medical kick right now. I actually picked this up at the library without really knowing what it was about. I just know I like James Patterson and was in a mood for that type of a book. Well, this wasn't his typical book. It definitely is not a murder/mystery, detective like book. But it still was really good!

James Patterson partnered with Hal Friedman for this book. Hal's son, Cory, has been suffering from Tourette's, OCD, and severe anxiety for 13 years. Hal decided he wanted to tell Cory's story and the difficulties that he and his family have had to face. This is a true story and is told in the son's voice. I can't even imagine the things he went through. Not being able to control your body, what you do or say. I just felt for this little 5 year old boy when he felt the need to spit in his sisters and then father's face. He felt so bad and didn't want to do it, but he had to. His parents had so much patience and faith in Cory. And I can't believe how many medicines and treatments he went through.

Anyways, this is a really good book. And a pretty fast read. The chapters are super short (I love this about James Patterson), and the story is really interesting.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment