Friday, September 16, 2011

One Day

One DayOne Day by David Nicholls

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Well, this book was pretty good. It was my choice for book club this month and I picked this since I had heard great things about it and knew there was a movie coming out. I wish I would have read it before I picked it though. It was a good book, but not a great one - in my opinion. I was in the mood for a great love story, that was a quick, fun read. This is a love story, but it isn't one where you are just so sucked in you can't put it down. Does that make sense? Anyways....



The book follows Dexter and Emma. Each chapter is the same day, just the next year. We meet them right after their graduation from college. Dexter is getting ready to travel the world, Emma is more realistic and is trying to find a job and get on with her life. From the start we know that Emma has real, deep feelings for Dexter. Dexter on the other hand, is immature and selfish. He is living in the moment, from girl to girl, adventure to adventure. Each year/chapter we find Emma and Dexter in different jobs, relationships, and different variations of their own relationship with each other. I really enjoyed Emma's character. She seemed very real to me. Dexter on the other hand annoyed me. Through the years he settles down and becomes more "normal" but until then I just did not care for him.



If you like love stories, definitely check this out, just don't expect it to be the best thing ever. I am going to watch the movie, and am really excited. I just will probably wait till out it is out in DVD.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment