Friday, June 8, 2012

The Fifty Shades Trilogy


 Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed
by  E.L. James

My overall rating - 4 out of 5 stars

I decided to read these books mainly because of curiosity. I just had to see what all the fuss was about. I have never ventured into this genre of books and was a little wary but I decided why not? I love to read and so I might as well give everything a try, right? Anyways, while I was reading the books I kept thinking about what I was going to rate it. I had been reading all the other reviews and it seems people either love it or hate it. As we all know, these books have created a lot of controversy. Honestly, at times I loved it and other times I wasn't so sure. Ultimately I decided on 4 stars because I have to say I did enjoy these books. I read all 3 in a little over a week and was completely enthralled with the relationship between Ana and Christian. Christian is such a mysterious guy and I wanted to see if Ana truly could change him. It was obvious that Christian was going to change Ana, but could she pull off the impossible? To be honest, the relationship reminded me of an much more adult version of Twilight (without the vampires of course). Christian definitely reminded me of Edward. Gorgeous, serious, rich, and believes himself to be a heartless monster. And the fact that Christian claims he just couldn't stay away from Ana (sound familiar?). And Ana reminded me of Bella. Innocent, pretty but not in a obvious way, clumsy and ultimately looking for someone to take care of her. Their relationship was just so interesting to me and I found myself excited to see what was going to happen next. Their relationship is filled with drama and there are definitely some intense moments. I definitely could have done with less of the all the sex, but I was obviously expecting it. I also found myself unsure of Christian. I think I like him, under all of his armor. But I don't particularly agree with how controlling his is. I think this is one of the main arguments against this book. Anyways, if you are comfortable venturing out to this genre, definitely give these a try. The relationship is so much fun to read about, and the books definitely get intense at points. If you read the first book (Fifty Shades of Grey) you will definitely have to keep reading the other two. I have to say the first one is probably the best but Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed are not far behind.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment