Friday, January 27, 2012

On The Jellicoe Road

On the Jellicoe RoadOn the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book has been on my to-read list forever. I would always see it on there but for some reason I just did not want to read it. Finally I decided to read it. I got it from the library with a couple other books and surprise, surprise, I just let it sit there while I read the other books first. I soon realized I only had a few days left before I had to return it so I made myself open up the book and give it a try. I don't know why I was so hesitant to read it. Maybe the cover just didn't stand out to me or something like that. But once I opened it, I could not put it down. Luckily my husband was out of town so I could just devour it while the kids were sleeping.. The hours between nap time and bedtime were torture though because I just wanted to pick up the book and keep reading.



Jellicoe Road is the beautiful setting of two stories during two different generations about the beauty and heartbreak of friendship and family. It has the fun to camp war games, the tragedy of broken families, the heart ache of death, uplifting friendships, life-altering love and the adventure of finding ourselves. We learn about the fab-five and why they starting the tradition of war games between the townies, cadets, and the school kids. We also find out how they are connected to Taylor - a young teen who was abandoned by her mother 7 years ago. The only person Taylor has come to trust suddenly disappears. Then Jonah, a mysterious and sexy cadet, comes back into her life. Taylor is also having these weird dreams of a boy in a tree talking to her. How are all these things connected? Lose yourself in this world and experience life right along with Taylor. I promise, you will enjoy it.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment