Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bet Me

 Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Cute! I have been in the mood for a good, quick chick lit book, so this was perfect. I enjoyed both of the main characters, and even though their relationship was a bit predictable, it was fun to watch it all happen. I have to say that the last few chapters are a bit scandalous, but honestly, I didn't mind. Actually, throughout the book I was surprised how little sex there was, but that thought changed by the end.

We follow Minn Dobbs as she rudely get dumped by her boyfriend while at a bar. We quickly find out that Minn is not the skinniest of girls and her mom definitely lets her know it. She hasn't had much luck with men and she leads a somewhat boring life, especially since her career is to assess and avoid risk. Then we meet Calvin, a handsome man who has a reputation of getting woman to fall in love with him and then high tailing it out of there. Minn and Calvin don't exactly hit it off but they keep running into each other and weirdly enough can't get each other out of their minds.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment