Monday, April 16, 2012

 The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

What a book! I absolutely adored this book. It is so mysterious, so descriptive, and so full of relationships and emotion! The whole time I was reading this book I felt like I was right there in the circus. The tents were so clear to me, I could see the people interacting together, and definitely could visualized all the "moves" made for the "game". The magic was so amazing that it made it hard for me to put the book down. I usually don't love circus books, except for Water for Elephants, and was a little hesitant to start this one. I had heard such great things from so many people though, so I had to give it a try. I am so glad I did!

Celia Bowen's mother commits suicide when she is just 6 years old. Celia is then delivered to her father (whom she has not met), who is a famous illusionist. It doesn't take long for her father to see the natural talent Celia possesses. And so the game begins. He calls an old friend to find a student of his own, and then they bind the children to the game. Celia and Marcus begin their intense training for this unusual competition where unannounced to them, the game won't end til there is only one left standing. Before the game officially starts, a mysterious circus comes about. This circus is only open at night and that is just the beginning of the strange circumstances that happens inside its many tents.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment