Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

I thoroughly enjoy Lauren Oliver's books!  And I absolutely love the world she has thought up in this Delirium series.  Although there is, should I say a few, other distopian type series out there, this one is definitely up there as one of my favorites.

The book picks up right where Delirium had left off.  Lena has just crossed the fence, badly injured and alone.  She keeps flashing back to her last image of Alex.  Lena is absolutely heartbroken and all she can do is keep running.  Right when her body is about to give up she is found by a group of invalids who take her in and care for her.  The novel switches back and forth between being taken care of by the invalids (then) to being back in a city and helping with the resistance (now).  Lena knows she is part of the resistance, but she doesn't exactly know what the resistance has planned for her.  For most of the book Lena is stuck with a boy named Julian, as they were kidnapped and then escape together. It doesn't take long to see a romance is budding but I have mixed feelings.  I really like Julian, but I really liked Alex.  But he is dead, right?  And poor Lena is trying to hold on to Alex so tightly, but Julian is right there in front of her.  Oh man, I just can't wait for the third and final book in this series.  Unfortunately I will have to wait until February of next year.  Bummer!!!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment