Tuesday, August 7, 2012

11/22/63


 11/22/63 by Stephen King

My Rating - 4 out of 5 stars.

Wow! This book is so big! I have to admit that I kind of felt winded when I finally finished it, haha.

I enjoyed this book. I did find it a little long and admittedly skimmed parts of it. For the most part it was extremely interesting, intense, and fun to read. I was a little disappointed with the ending though. I am such a sucker for happy endings and although this didn't end tragically, it wasn't particularly happy either.

Jake Epping is a recently divorced English teacher who is asked to do a somewhat strange favor for a friend. Al embarks Jake on a extreme adventure and an extremely difficult task. Al has found a portal of sorts in his storeroom that takes you back to 1958. He asks Jack to go back and spend 4 years in history so that he can try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. Crazy as it sounds Jake finds himself agreeing and next thing he knows he is back in a very different time. Of course while he is back in time he changes a lot more history than he originally meant. Is this going to have a huge influence on the future that he once knew???

No comments:

Post a Comment