Monday, August 13, 2012

A Girl Like You

 A Girl Like You by Maria Geraci

My Rating - 4 out of 5 stars



*This was a first-reads book on Goodreads.*

This is my first time reading Maria Geraci and definitely think I will read more of her books. This was such a fun, quick, chick-lit book! I enjoyed the story but most of all I enjoyed the characters. They were easy to identify with and were very likable. I have to say that at first I thought this was going to be a predictable and somewhat generic story. But I definitely was wrong. Once you get into the story a little more you are hooked and invested in the characters. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the ending and loved that the last chapter was a sort of follow up chapter that lets you know what is going on with characters after the fact. I always feel disappointed when I read chick-lit books, I am left wanting more closure. Maria left me satisfied with the ending and that was definitely refreshing.

Emma is a thirty something journalist who isn't the typical, stunning beauty. In fact while in the bathroom at a local bar she overhears people refer to her as the "ugly friend". Can that be true? Is she that much less attractive then her friends? Well, unfortunately her friends are drop dead gorgeous and she is, well, not. She keeps her head up and tries to impress her boss, Ben, who she has been crushing on for the last few months. In order to do this she offers to get an exclusive interview with the NASCAR hottie Trip who she happened to go to high school with. The only problem is that she hasn't talked to him since. While she is trying to track Trip down she works on her self-esteem, finds an unexpected crush and learns a ton about herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment