Monday, August 27, 2012

Bloom

Bloom: finding beauty in the unexpected by Kelle Hampton

My Rating - 4 out of 5 stars

Kelle Hampton had a pretty good life. She has a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, is expecting her second girl and is an amazing photographer. Kelle was extremely ready and prepared to finally hold her little girl in her arms. But that all changed as soon as her baby girl, Nelle, was born. Nelle has Downs Syndrome. Now Kelle is mourning the life she had planned for her little girl and gearing up for the difficult life that lays ahead. This true story follows Kelle and Nelle during Nelle's first year and is such a beautiful story.

What a emotional read! I definitely could not sit down and lose myself in this book, but it was good all the same. It definitely reminded me how truly blessed I am to have two healthy kids! And I absolutely loved the pictures! All the pictures helped break up all the emotion in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment