Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bloodlines

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It feels so good to be back in this world! I absolutely LOVED the Vampire Academy series and although I miss those characters (Dimitri and Rose), I think I am going to enjoy this series as well. It might not fully live up to the Vampire Academy, but I am okay with that.



In this series we follow Sydney who is a alchemist, a human who follow the vampire world to protect human and keep the two species separate. We last saw her in the last few books of Vampire Academy as she was helping Rose in many of her adventures. Now Sydney is trying to make up for indiscretion (running off and aiding vampires). She finds herself shipped off to Palm Springs to keep tabs of and help protect Jill, Lisa (the Moroi Queen)'s sister. Sydney is posing as a student at a boarding school all while she is "babysitting" Jill and a couple of her friends. All of Sydney's life she has been taught that vampires and the vampire world is immoral and unnatural. Now she is caught between the human and vampire world's and she is spending more and more time with these "unnatural" people. Are they really that bad? Who really is the enemy? These kids, or her fellow alchemists?



For some reason I find this world a lot more relatable than other young adult paranormal books. Don't get me wrong, I love all of those books too but this book and the Vampire Academy series just seem more "real" to me. I just really enjoy the world that Richelle Mead has dreamed up and I am glad to be back in it. I am hoping that this series just keeps getting better and I can't wait till the summer when the next book comes out!


Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment