Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I seriously can not get this book out of my head. The story is really good, but mostly it is just really well written! I became instantly absorbed and obsessed! John Green makes you fall in love with the characters and feel like you are living right there with them.



The story follows Hazel, a seventeen year old who is terminally ill with cancer. She is currently part of a new drug study that has miraculously stopped her tumor from growing. Hazel has become depressed and has started to pull away from the "normal" teenage happenings. She is part of a cancer support group and at one of them she meets Augustus, a fellow seventeen year old who lost his leg to cancer. Hazel and Augustus start spending a lot of time together and both become obsessed with the lack of ending to one of their favorite books. These two characters are utterly adorable together. Their relationship is amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.



I highly recommend this book, it is depressing yet you come away feeling thankful for the life and relationships you have. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:



"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."



"....it would be my pleasure to have my heart broken by you"



"As Augustus read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."




Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment