Monday, March 12, 2012

Delicacy


La délicatesseLa délicatesse by David Foenkinos

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a cute book. A very quick read about loss and eventually finding love again. I really enjoyed the writing style. The author included small, short chapters with recipes, soccer stats, humorous quotes, etc.. I also loved the footnotes throughout the book. I do have to say thought that some of the character's were a tad odd. Also, this is a pretty short book which was nice but I found that the character development was a bit lacking. I guess I just never felt like I really new the character's and I would have liked to know more. Natalie seems like a delightful and complicated character. I just never understood what was so special about her. All that was said was that every man that came into contact with her was enamored. They basically fell in love with her instantly. Which was nice, and she does sound like a likeable character but I don't know what made all those men instantly intrigued by her. Also since the book moved so quickly, the loss of Natalie's husband didn't really phase me. (which is really weird because I am a very emotional reader). Anyways, it is a cute book with the take home that life does go on.



P.S. - although I wish I spoke (and read) French I am not going to pretend I do. I read the translated version but I couldn't find that version on goodreads.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment