Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hattie Big Sky

Hattie Big SkyHattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What a fun little read! I quickly fell in love with the Hattie, how could you not? I loved her innocence and her outlook on life. I was definitely rooting for her throughout the book.



This is set in Montana during WWI. Hattie is a sixteen year old who has been passed around between distant family members for most of her childhood after her parents died. Unexpectedly, Hattie became the proud owner of land out in Montana after an uncle she never knew passed and left it to her. So in December she moves to Montana by herself to care for the land, cow and horse that now belong to her. She definitely was ill prepared for the harsh winter and hard work that awaited her. But man, did she work! I was exhausted just reading what she would have to do daily.



Anyways, what made this book special was the relationships that were formed. I absolutely loved how everyone helped each other and were all so generous. Although there are some teary moments and glimpses into how evil war can make some of us, this was a very cute and feel good read. I came away craving relationships like the ones Hattie unexpectedly found.

Next up on my list is Vanish by Sophie Jordan (the second book in the Firelight series).

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment