Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie SocietyThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh how I loved this book! It is such a refreshing read. Right from the beginning you are absorbed into these characters lives. I thought that the letter format would be a little annoying but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the history, the friendships, the heartbreaking stories of war and the fact that life does go on.



The book is set right after WWII in London and Guernsey. It is centered around Juliet, a writer who is looking to write her next book. Juliet happens to receive a letter from a man from Guernsy who found her name in the book jacket of a secondhand book he bought. They start corresponding and she becomes obsessed with life in Guernsy. She starts hearing from others who live there and they all tell her about life during the German occupation. The characters that Juliet meet are enduring, sweet, fun and real. I had a hard time putting this book down and highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good, clean and refreshing read.

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment