Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Last Summer (of You and Me)

The Last Summer (of You and Me)The Last Summer by Ann Brashares

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I have to say that I am a little disappointed. I absolutely loved Ann Brashares My Name Is Memory and even though I didn't read all of her Traveling Pants Series, I did enjoy them, but this book was a big let down. It was a really quick read but I think I breezed through it so fast because I just wanted to be done with it. The characters were really annoying and I just could not relate to them at all. Why did they say they were best friends yet would not dare ask eachother any personal questions? Why did they go back and forth from loving and hating each other? Why were they so scared to hate each other? Ugh, they just did not make sense to me.



The book follows Riley and Alice (sister's) and Paul (the best friend/next door neighbor). It is set one Fire Island which is a hot summer spot with a bunch of summer homes. Riley, Alice and Paul's family summer homes are right next to each other so basically they have grown up together. They come back summer after summer and just pick up where they left off. Now they are in their mid-twenties and trying to set up their lives. But during this last summer on Fire Island they deal with a life-threatening illness, and a secret budding romance.



Again, I was just so disappointed with this book. However I am still hoping that Ann Brashares will eventually write a sequel to My Name Is Memory! It was so good!

Happy Reading!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment